A leading retail business seeks to hire a Sales Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate must currently be in a Managerial role in the Retail and Wholesale Market. Incumbent must have previous experience selling hardware and PPE or goods from a similar industry. A relevant degree qualification is necessary and the incumbent must have a clean driver's licence.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
* To effectively drive and manage sales of up to USD100 000 a month.
* To ensure the effective management of all retail staff and to ensure adequate staffing levels throughout the business.
* To give support to staff so they have the opportunity to develop their skills in the role and to achieve growth in sales.
* To ensure that all performance issues, and other issues within the shop, are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
* To uphold the reputation of the organisation by maintaining high personal standards and projecting a warm, appreciative and welcoming attitude towards customers, stakeholders, and staff.
* To manage organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue, and expense controls.
* To meet planned sales goals.
* To set individual sales targets with the sales team.
* To track sales goals and report results as necessary.
* To oversee the activities and performance of the sales team.
* To promote the organization and products.
* To understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
* To effectively communicate with the shop staff, and other stakeholders cascading information as relevant.
* To represent the trading business and communicate externally as required.
* To promote a customer care approach within the retail business, investigating complaints or issues of poor customer care, both timely and efficiently.
* To take responsibility for personal and professional development.
* To ensure Management appraisals are completed timeously.