A well-established organisation in the FMCG Manufacturing industry is looking to hire an Accountant for one of their subdivisions in the agriculture sector. The incumbent must have a degree in Accounting or Finance and or A full CIS, CIMA/ ACCA. Knowledge of Open Bravo or Pastel and experience in the agricultural sector will be an added advantage.
Duties for this Role include:-
* Preparing financial statements in accordance with IFRS
* Ensuring all statutory returns are prepared and submitted on or before due dates.
* Supervision of monthly ledger reconciliations and ensure timeous clearing of reconciling items.
* Cashflow planning and payment of suppliers.
* Reviewing and posting of journals and ensuring they are accurate.
* Coordinating both internal and external audits and ensure all issues raised are closed on time.
* Assessment and implementation of risk internal controls.
* Preparing monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual reports.
* Budgeting and forecasting.
* Ensuring Accounting standards and policies are adhered to.
* Regular development and review of SOP’s and work instruction.