An Organisation in the Financial Services Sector Seeks to Engage A Credit Risk Officer, Responsible For Assessing And Inspecting Lending Procedures that Mitigate the Business’s Risk and Recommend Appropriate Action.
1. Appraising And Recommending Lending Decisions And Recommending Appropriate Action In Accordance With The Credit Policy
2. Review All Credit Approved By Retail And Credit Departments For Compliance With Policies And Procedures
3. Assesses Risk On Individual Credit Applications Daily
4. Calculates And Recommends To Management Monthly Credit Provisions In Line With Regulations
5. Checks All Credit In Arrears At Retail And Credit Departments For Compliance With Rules And Regulations
6. Gathers Market Intelligence To External Risks That Can Have An Adverse Impact On Credit Portfolio And Recommends The Appropriate Action Daily.
7. Reviews System Reports For Adherence To Credit Policy Daily
8. Reviews Action Taken On Credit In Arrears Under Retail And Credit Departments Daily
9. Follow-Up On Non-Performing Credit Handed Over To Risk For Recovery Daily
10. Reviews And Maintains Models For IFRS 9 (Credit Provisioning) And Calculates Monthly Provisions For Expected Credit Losses (ECL)
11. Carries Out Credit Operational Risk Assessments (ORSA) On An Ad-Hoc Basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum-Bachelor’s Degree In Business (Finance, Accounting, Business Admin, Economics), Or Equivalent.
• Professional Certification In Risk Management
• 5+ Years Of Relevant Experience
• 2+ Years At Managerial Levels
• Proficiency In Risk Management, Assessment, Business Model And Industry Related Controls
• Solid Financial Analysis Skills (Ratio Analysis, Periodic Market Patterns)
• Strong Analytical And Problem-Solving Skills
• Knowledge Of Developing Models, (Mathematical & Statistical)
• Good Communication Skills To Guide, Collaborate, Advise Group Workstreams
• Effective Leadership Skills With Ability To Work Diverse Group
• Ability To Provide Sound, Clear, Concise, And Practical Advice
• Good Understanding Of The Prevailing Social, Political And Economic Environment And Market Trends
• Ability To Assess Impact On Group Risk Policies And Procedures.