Our Client a Leader in the Retail Sector is on the Market For a Warehouse and Distribution Manager with Expertise in Warehouse Management Procedures and Best Practices. Applicants Must have the Ability To Implement Process Improvement Initiatives and Demonstrate Strong Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills. A Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration is a Must.
The purpose of the Role is to Organize the Storage and Distribution of Goods. Ensuring that the Right Products are Delivered to the Right Location on time, Involved in Transportation, Stock Control, Warehousing and Monitoring the Flow of Goods.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision.
• Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operations.
• Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
• Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
• Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation requirements
• Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security
• Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
• Liaise with clients, suppliers, and transport companies
• Plan work, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
• Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees
• Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc.)
• Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided