MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
This role exists to process salaries on time, resolve payroll issues in a timely manner and deal with staff loans.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collecting daily, weekly, and monthly employee timesheets.
• Calculating employee work hours.
• Calculating employee benefits and deductions.
• Preparing employee payslips using payroll software.
• Ensuring taxes comply with regulations.
• Scheduling electronic payments and handing out paychecks.
• Preparing payroll reports.
• Distributing payment statements.
• Responding to employee questions about compensation, taxes, benefits, and deductions.
• Entering new employee data into the company database.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum-Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Human Resources, Psychology, Sociology, Business or Equivalent
• Payroll Qualification is a Requirement
• Proven work experience efficiently managing a payroll in a corporate institution
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Advanced Mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
• Proficient with payroll software
• Familiarity with accounting software and procedures.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Familiarity with national and industry specific labor laws.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prepare and present financial reports.