Our client in the manufacturing industry is looking for a Risk and Compliance Assistant to join their branch in Bulawayo. Incumbents must be residents of Bulawayo.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the documentation of high risks areas and risk based annual audit plan for the organisation.
- Conducting Risk Based audits at the to give assurance on the governance, risk management and internal control systems.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost saving strategies.
- Identify emerging risks.
- Assists in conducting spot checks on petty cash.
- Tracks the use of company vehicles by inspecting logbooks and generating the mileage report on all company vehicles.
- Ensures that the security company supplies guards as per contract and ensures the guards is aware of duties involved.
- Hold quarterly meetings with service providers of security services and forwards minutes to the Risk and Compliance Officer.
- Registration of new system users and updating of biometric and access systems as per new employee notifications by HR and exits when personnel do clearing procedures.
- Monitoring of CCTV system for security and control breaches.
- Handling and follow up of insurance claims
- Ensures all drivers have valid defensive driver licences
- Monitor and update the permits and licences register to ensure compliance with legal and other requirements
- Issues correct personal protective equipment, maintains a registers and monitors buffer stock.
- Ensures workers go for medical examination as required.
- Assists in induction of all new employees
- Management of the incident reporting and investigation process at the branch.
- Reports incidents/accidents and any other SHE problems to the supervisor.
- Updating the incidents register and forwards to the Health and Safety Officer
At least 5 ‘O’ Levels including Mathematics and English
At least 5 points at ‘A’ levels
Degree or HND in Risk Management/ Environmental Health/ Auditing qualification
Experience and Requirements
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
High level of analytical and critical skills
Good negotiating skills
At least 3years related working experience
Strong command of English, Ndebele and/or Shona