A well-established organisation in the Agric Industry is looking to hire an Accountant to join their team. The incumbent must have completed a degree in Accounting, a professional qualification and at least 5 years’ experience on a similar post, preferably in the agricultural or manufacturing environment.
• Preparing monthly financial statements by collecting data; analysing and
investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends. Preparing
year-end and statutory accounts.
• Implementing adequate high standards of financial controls and ensuring that
they are being effectively utilised in the business.
• Providing financial advice by studying operational issues, applying financial
principles & practices, and developing recommendations.
• Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing general ledger
• Managing the general ledger including overseeing the monthly balance sheet,
banking, and inter-company reconciliations, performing month end closing
activities such as account reconciliation, revenue accounting, expense
• Developing a budget tracking mechanism which compares with actual
expenditure to ensure that it is always within approved limits.
• Reviewing creditors` reconciliations and ensures that reconciling items are
processed and are never more than a month old.
• Updating the assets register monthly in accordance with the accounting
• Suggesting changes to the accounting policy in line with the group policy and
• Liaising with external auditors and assists with management of the audit
process from start to finish.
• Updating job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and
accepted practices, participating in educational opportunities, reading.
professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in
• Maintaining overall responsibility for preparations all monthly control account
reconciliations and putting together the audit file.
• Analysing business operations, financial commitments, costs, revenues, and
trends to develop projections for future revenue and expenses.