Our Client in the Finance Sector is looking to hire an Accounts Clerk to join their team. The incumbent will be responsible for the entering and accuracy of a company's financial records. Creates transactions in the company ledger and make entries into the company's accounting software. Responsible for company record keeping. Have a firm understanding of accounting terminology and processes as well as a strong attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
• Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
• Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the computer; processing backups.
• Verifies financial reports by running performance analysis software program.
• Determines value of depreciable assets by running depreciation software program.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Audits invoices based on purchase orders.
• Researches and resolves problems related to billing and payment.
• Verifies and records business transactions.
• Prepares and manages account statements.
• Performs reconciliation of daily and monthly revenues.
• Prepares financial reports, expense reports, revenue reports, and trial balance reports, etc for the finance and
administration officer and manager.
• Manages bank account deposits.
• Assists in procurement, payroll, and budget preparation activities.
• Participates in month end account closing activities.
• Performs account payable and receivable transactions.
• Maintains confidentiality and security of bank accounts.
Qualifications and Experience:
At least 1-year of experience
Pursuing a professional qualification eg ACCA, CIM