The main purpose of the job is to provide leadership to the Support Services department and to support the
General Manager as directed.
To ensures that targets for resources exploitation, capital management, cost control, Human Resources
Management & Development and corporate governance are achieved.
• Guide the development of the Procurement strategy and oversee its implementation
• Ensure maintenance of suitable inventory levels in the Stores
• Provide support in the management, tracking and control of operational cost through reporting and analysis
• Support the asset management and capitalization process
• Provide leadership in the development of the human resources structures and strategy
• Guide the human resources development plans implementation
• Support the management of site facilities and supplies
• Ensure the provision of transportation for employees to and from work stations.
• Support the installation and maintenance of site ICT infrastructure
• Ensure the availability of ICT services to operations
• Manage the security contractor to ensure provision of adequate security services to the operations.
• Ensure the constant assessment of site security risks and address any gaps identified.
• Ensure proper monitoring and avoidance of Community related risks to the business
• Ensure evaluation of the impact of the Mine CSR Programs in changing the lives of Communities in sustainable ways
Qualifications & Experience
University degree, preferably with strong Accounting and/or Business Management background
Must be computer literate, Excel, MS Word
Postgraduate Business Leadership qualification or Management development program
At least 10 years mining industry experience and good appreciation of the business operations & support
At least 5 years at senior Mine management level