Our Client a Well Established Commercial Farming Entity is on The Market For a Mature and Energetic Commercial Potato Farm Manager. Applicants Should have At Least 5 -10 years Experience in Potato Farming. This Role Is Based Outside Of Harare as Such Applicants Must be Prepared to Relocate.
* Lead and manage crop potato production activities at farm location.
* Lead field operations, including tillage, planting, cultivation, harvest, and cover crop establishment.
* Direct agronomic activities, including scheduling of irrigation, fertilizer applications, and chemical applications.
* Support innovation in agronomic, equipment, and storage practices.
* Manage location personnel and motivate seasonal, contract employees.
* Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by employees (Operations, Safety, HR, Safety, etc.)
* Consistently communicate with management about farm activities, challenges and innovative solutions.
* Maintain P&L responsibility with significant focus on cost management, as well as managing site budget.
* Manage purchasing of supplies, equipment, and inputs.
* Develop cropping plan to adhere to irrigation constraints and oversee all rotational crop production and disposition.
* Provide leadership for management of irrigation systems and monitoring of water usage.