Our client in the tourism industry is seeking an executive class 4 driver to join their team. Incumbent must have a clean class 4 driver's license and a defensive driving certificate. Ideal candidate should have 5 years experience in a similar role and should be able to respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules. Incumbent should be able to pay attention to detail, have an excellent sense of judgement and a willingness to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Operating vehicles as assigned by supervisor.
• Maintaining vehicle log-sheets in accordance with policies/regulations.
• Checking the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – reporting needs and problems to transport
• Adhering to all safety and communication protocols as advised by the company.
• Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
• Keeping the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times.
• Assisting, as required, with logistics in the office daily workloads.
• Cooperating and being of assistance to staff and visitors – assisting in troubleshooting potential problems during
• Reporting all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis
• Undertaking field assignments as assigned.
• Conducting himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the company.